THE BUZZ

Monday, 15 May 2017 12:17

50 Cent's caretaker begs police to hurry in panicked 911 call

A security guard at 50 Cent's Connecticut mansion urged police to hurry as a burglar went room to room during a panicked 911 call.

The house manager told an operator 'I don't have anything to protect myself', according to a recording of the alleged conversation obtained by TMZ. 

He told police that the burglar, who he described as 6ft tall and weighing 200 pounds, had entered through the generator room carrying a 'black bag'.

The staff member, who fled the house for his own safety, said in the call: 'He just entered, he's in the property now. He went into the generator room of the house and he's going door to door.'

After confirming he was calling from 50 Cent's house and he was 'security', he added: 'Can you send the police? I don't know where he is. I don't have anything to protect myself.'

The mansion was swarmed with cops on Tuesday after a burglar forced his way onto the 17 acre property, but the 41-year-old rapper was not home at the time.

Police found a printed out map with directions from a hotel to the rapper's pad, according to TMZ. 

After a brief manhunt, suspect Elwin Joyce of Windsor, Connecticut was detained by the Farmington, Connecticut Police Department. 

Joyce was later charged with 2nd degree burglary, trespassing, criminal mischief and attempted larceny.  

Police said the suspect was dressed in dark clothes and a knit cap and tried to get into the compound through the generator room.

Property manager David Holloway - thought to be the man in the 911 call - was alerted when the burglar set off an alarm and saw him creeping through the garage.

The break-in left the rapper more amused than upset, however, sharing online that he didn't even know he still owned the multi-million dollar home.

The New York native took to Instagram to post about the incident, writing, 'What my house got robbed, I thought I sold that MF. LOL,' after the story first made news on TMZ. 

Fifty- whose given name is Curtis Jackson III - responded to break-in news on Instagram by posting a photo of the TMZ story. 

He captioned it: 'What my house got robbed, I thought I sold that MF LOL.' His confusion was understandable.  

In 2016, the property was reportedly sold to a developer who planned on turning the 52-room mansion into an assisted living home.

Reports suggests sale fell through, as the previously-bankrupted rapper is still responsible for the luxury New England property.

50 Cent first tried to offload the multi-million dollar home after filing for bankruptcy in 2015. 

At the time, legal proceedings revealed that the estate was practically bleeding the artist of money - reportedly costing around $72,000 per month to care for.

The Get Rich Or Die Tryin' talent first bought the home from boxer Mike Tyson for $4.1 million at the height of his fame in 2003.

He then spent over $6million renovating the home's gym, racquetball courts, and equipping the onsite 'disco room' with stripper poles.

Read 1845 times

Leave a comment

Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.